Accessibility and social services
Language, literacy and disability access
Language assistance coordinators are available at each facility to provide support, guidance and to ensure that our patients’ special communication needs are met. We can help a wide range of patients, including:
- Limited English Proficiency (LEP) patients
- Deaf or hearing impaired patients
- Speech and language impaired patients
- Visually impaired patients
Learn more about our language and communication access service.
Social work services
Social workers are trained to provide a variety of services, ranging from psychotherapy to the administration of health and
welfare programs. They can assess your emotional, environmental and social needs. Social workers are on staff at all of our hospitals.
- For pediatric social work, please call (718) 470-3124.
- For in-home social work, please call (866) 651-4200.
Northwell Health is committed to providing veterans and their families with personalized, compassionate care year-round.
Our specialists provide consultation services for a wide spectrum of work-related injuries and exposures.
We provide medical monitoring, diagnosis and treatment for WTC-related health conditions. For more information, call (718) 267-2420.