The Early Treatment Program provides state-of-the-art care and research opportunities to adolescents and young adults with newly diagnosed psychotic disorders including schizophrenia and schizoaffective disorder.
The team at the Zucker Hillside Hospital has been pioneering early psychosis research for decades. Our experts are at the forefront of efforts to improve treatment options, ensure best possible outcomes and to understand what causes and contributes to psychotic symptoms.
Current research opportunities include:
- Medication trials for psychotic symptoms
- Brain imaging
- Exploring effectiveness of adding omega-3 in early psychosis
- Exploring genetic contributors to psychotic disorders
- Pharmacogenetic testing to guide treatment options
- Cerebrospinal fluid biomarkers in psychotic disorders
- Using social media to help in early psychosis identification and engagement
- Improving trajectories to care in first episode psychosis