Northwell Health Information Technology Innovation Center (HITIC)
Northwell Health’s infrastructure is your foundation
Northwell Health proudly announces the Center for Health Information Technology and Innovation, a hub that cultivates collaboration and co-creation without boundaries. The “Innovation Center” invites inventors, entrepreneurs, clinicians, industry leaders, and creative thinkers to join forces and team with the sharpest minds in medicine and technology in our quest to transform healthcare.
Home to many groundbreaking technologies, the Innovation Center serves as an incubator for individuals and companies whose imagination goes beyond the everyday, and challenges them to imagine the possibilities. As the largest healthcare provider in the eastern region of the United States with over 23 hospitals, 15,000 affiliated physicians, 650 outpatient facilities and over 65,000 employees, we are uniquely positioned to offer developers access to a vast, data-rich environment against which to evaluate new paradigms in healthcare delivery.
Innovation at the heart of everything we do
The Center for Health Information Technology and Innovation is a place where clinical expertise, design experience, and technology know-how come together to raise the standard of health care.
What could you invent or improve with the technology of the largest health system in New York at your fingertips? Here, you can:
- Safely test in a setting that mimics both hospital and ambulatory environments
- Experiment with technologies in a simulated patient home
- Print prosthetics in 3D
- Securely save and store your work and ideas in our Cloud
The Northwell Health Innovation Center is home to the many groundbreaking technologies we use to advance the future of medicine every day, such as:
- Home health and wearable biosensor devices to monitor patients from anywhere, at any time
- Virtual reality for safety, quality and education
- A wayfinding smartphone application to navigate patients and visitors throughout our facilities
- Connected patient rooms with voice commands and digital displays
- Telehealth solutions that allow specialized consults from across the globe
We are excited to continue strengthening our partnerships with leading healthcare companies and developing relationships with smaller, niche venues to co-create:
- The next generation of electronic health records
- Medical grade networks
- Geo-spatial intelligence to foster population health
- Mobility platforms with unprecedented agility and intelligence
- A health buddy available throughout the life cycle
- An open eco-system for communication, education and collaboration