Fellowship in Sleep Medicine at Northwell Health
The Division of Pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine in the Department of Medicine offers a one-year fellowship training program in sleep medicine. This ACGME-accredited program provides sleep medicine fellows with broad clinical and research experience. The program is based at the Northwell Health Sleep Disorders Center, which is one of the largest sleep medicine centers in the region, and is fully accredited by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine.
Fellows are taught by a multidisciplinary sleep medicine faculty with backgrounds in pulmonary medicine, otolaryngology, dental sleep medicine, psychiatry and behavioral sleep medicine. Trainees benefit from a comprehensive experience in the diagnosis and management of adult and pediatric patients with a broad range of sleep disorders, both in the inpatient and outpatient settings. Fellows are encouraged to participate in scholarly activities that involve teaching, basic and clinical research in sleep medicine.
They also benefit from the resources of the Center for Heart and Lung Research of the Feinstein Institute for Medical Research. A weekly sleep medicine conference includes clinical, core and multidisciplinary topics. The program is available to board-eligible internists, neurologists and psychiatrists.
Applicants interested in the sleep medicine fellowship training program at Northwell Health should apply through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS), which allow applications starting July 1. There is one fellowship position available for a physician who has completed an accredited internal medicine residency-training program.
No applications are reviewed after Aug. 31.
Essential Application information includes:
- Curriculum vitae
- Four (4) letters of recommendation
- USMLE or COMLEX results
- Common application
- Medical school transcript
- Program Director’s letter of recommendation
Thomas Bradley, MD
Director of Fellowship Programs
Department of Medicine
Jiselle A. Petrusky-MacDonald
Harly E. Greenberg, MD
- Chief of Division - Pulmonary Critical Care and Sleep Med of Medicine - Pulmonary Critical Care & Sleep Medicine, Long Island Jewish Medical Center
- Head of Section - Sleep Medicine of Medicine - Pulmonary Critical Care & Sleep Medicine, Long Island Jewish Medical Center
- Chief of Division - Pulmonary, Critical Care, Sleep Med of Medicine - Pulmonary, Critical Care & Sleep Medicine, North Shore University Hospital
- Professor, Hofstra Northwell School of Medicine
- view full profile