Fellowship in Pediatric Allergy & Immunology at Cohen Children's Medical Center
Northwell Health offers a two-year residency training program in allergy and immunology leading to board certification. Residents have the opportunity to train at three health system locations – Cohen Children’s Medical Center, North Shore University Hospital, and Long Island Jewish Medical Center. This includes didactic clinical experiences in both adult and pediatric allergy, primary and secondary immunodeficiency, laboratory methodology, and basic immunologic research.
The program includes daily teaching rounds, weekly outpatient post clinical reviews, journal club, and formal and informal didactic teaching sessions from the educational core of the training program curriculum.
This nationally recognized training program is designed to provide extensive training in clinical and basic science research and laboratory methodology that is necessary for a successful clinical and academic career in allergy and immunology.
Applicants interested in the Fellowship in Pediatric and Adult Allergy & Immunology at Northwell Health should apply through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). Completion of an ACGME-accredited residency program in general pediatrics is mandatory for admission to this program.
Essential application information includes:
- Universal application
- Personal statement
- At least three (3) letters of recommendation. Letters of recommendation must be less than six (6) months old.
- USMLE or COMLEX transcript
- Medical school transcript
- Updated curriculum vitae
- Letter of recommendation from program director
Only applicants who have passed USMLE examination STEP 1 and 2 on the first attempt should apply. Only completed applications with all supporting documentation will be reviewed.
Vincent R. Bonagura, MD
- Chief of Division of Pediatrics - Pediatric Allergy/Immunology & Asthma, Long Island Jewish Medical Center
- Chief of Division of Pediatrics - Pediatric Allergy-Immunology & Asthma, North Shore University Hospital
- Assistant Professor, Donald and Barbara Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell
- view full profile