Northwell Health Stern Family for Rehabilitation is dedicated to providing outstanding rehabilitative care and enriched quality of life for patients.
This safe and caring “home away from home” provides extended care services, social interaction, and daily care for people recovering from serious illness or injury.
The state-of-the-art facility offers a warm, friendly environment that includes a beautiful patio, spacious lobby, and private and semi-private rooms that patients can personalize with special items from home.
The center’s doctors, nurses, therapists, social workers and other professionals are selected for their high level of training and expertise as well as their compassionate care. All are dedicated to supporting patients every step of the way during their recovery.
- Short-term inpatient rehabilitation
- Skilled nursing (nursing home) services
Honors and awards
The Stern team is proud that their commitment to service excellence has been recognized:
- Consistently positive survey results from the New York State Department of Health
- Full accreditation from the Joint Commission, an independent, nonprofit organization recognized nationwide as a symbol of quality and compliance
- Awarded five out of five-star rating for overall quality from Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, placing Northwell Health Stern Family Center for Rehabilitation in the top 10 percent of nursing facilities in the country
The Stern Family Center team is happy to help prospective patients and their family members learn more about the short-term rehabilitation and skilled nursing (nursing home) programs.
Prospective patients are welcome to visit the center, to meet with the staff and to see the quality and care provided.
For more information or to schedule a visit, call (516) 562-8065.