Primary care services
At Northwell Health, our skilled physicians, nurses and other medical staff provide primary care that is completely focused on your needs with an emphasis on preventive medicine, patient education and chronic disease management for conditions such as high blood pressure, diabetes and heart disease.
We provide primary care services in our hospitals, ambulatory care centers and outpatient locations throughout the New York metropolitan area.
Recognized for excellence
Northwell Health has been designated a Patient-Centered Medical Home by the National Committee for Quality Assurance. This recognition acknowledges our excellence as a medical home in the following standards:
- Coordinated care—Our primary care physicians (PCPs) work with other physicians and healthcare professionals to manage patient care and provide community resources.
- Physician teamwork—Physician-led teams work together to care for patients, especially for disease prevention and chronic condition management.
- Convenient access to services—We offer enhanced access through extended night and weekend hours and online communication.
- One stop for primary care—Most patient care is provided in the same location so patients don’t have to travel.
- Patient-focused care—Our physicians and patients build long-term partnerships for informed, compassionate healthcare management.
Preventive care through your PCP
Learn more about our primary care services: