Why choose us?
Patients choose Northwell Health Labs for many reasons, including:
- Advanced training in more than a dozen subspecialties—Our department is staffed by more than 40 subspecialty-trained pathologists who focus on specific areas of pathology, ranging from autopsies and breast pathology to thoracic and gastrointestinal pathology.
- Board-certified and board-eligible pathologists—Our pathologists have achieved the highest level of proficiency in their specialty.
- Commitment to education—Through our association with the Donald and Barbara Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell, our pathology department actively participates in the training of pathology residents and fellows and educates medical students during their clinical rotations in the laboratory.
- Leadership in the field—Our pathologists publish regularly in medical journals and are sought-after speakers at national and international conferences.
- A collaborative approach—Pathologists and research scientists share knowledge with the goal of integrating research findings into improved patient care. We are accredited by: CAP, CLIA, NYSDOH, NCCLS and NGSP.