Overhead Thrower’s Program
As an overhead throwing athlete, you place unique demands on your body—especially your throwing arm. The repetitive movement, your mechanics and the extreme forces associated with overhead throwing are all critical factors that determine if you will sustain an injury.
Taking all these factors into consideration, the professionals at the Northwell Health Orthopaedic Institute, as well as Sports Therapy and Rehabilitation Services (STARS), have developed a comprehensive rehabilitation program for the overhead throwing athlete. We use the latest evidence-based rehabilitation methods to get you back to the sport you love as quickly and as safely as possible.
Our Overhead Thrower's Program includes:
- A head to toe biomechanical exam to reveal any kinematic chain deficits that may have led to the injury
- A mobility and strengthening program for all the joints and muscles that are involved in throwing
- Objective testing to determine the readiness of an athlete to return to sport activities
- Instruction in an interval throwing program
- Maintenance strength program
- One-on-one or group sport specific fitness programs