Certified athletic trainer services
We believe that athletes should have access to coordinated care to ensure their safety and well-being during practice and competition. Through our certified athletic trainer services, we provide schools and teams with highly qualified athletic trainers who have access to the resources of Northwell Health—the region’s largest health system.
The Northwell team of medical professionals includes board-certified physicians who work with college-level and professional sports teams, including the New York Jets, the New York Islanders and the New York Cosmos. Additionally, athletes gain access to an extensive network of outpatient rehabilitation services throughout Long Island, Queens, Westchester and Manhattan.
We provide a variety of services, including:
- Assessing on-field and track injuries
- Maintaining training rooms
- Managing athletic training budgets
- Providing concussion management services
- Developing and instructing injury prevention and fitness programs
- Serving as a liaison among parents, coaches, physicians and rehabilitation professionals regarding student athlete injuries
- Providing fast-track access to the Northwell Health network and help navigating the healthcare system
We also provide education to athletes, students, parents, coaches, teachers, school nurses and the community on a variety of health-related topics that impact student athletes, including:
- Heat stroke, heat exhaustion, frost bite and hypothermia
- Sudden cardiac arrest
- Orthopedic injuries
- Emergency action plans
- Prevention programs
For more information about certified athletic trainer services at Northwell Health, please call (833) 9-SPORTS.