At the Northwell Health Orthopaedic Institute, we're dedicated to bringing hope and relief to patients with chronic hip and knee pain. Our joint replacement surgeons are experts in minimally invasive techniques, which use specialized surgical instruments through small incisions to provide the following benefits:
- Less trauma to soft tissue
- Reduced pain and blood loss
- Quicker recovery
- Fewer complications, such as infection
- Smaller scars
In some cases, our specialists can perform surgery via a robotic surgical system that allows them to operate more precisely. We use the most advanced robotic technologies, including:
- Mako Robotic Arm—A surgeon-interactive robotic arm that enables highly accurate hip and knee implant placement.
- Navio Robot-Assisted Surgical System—An image-guided system with hand-held instrumentation to help surgeons deliver robotic precision during partial knee replacement surgery.