Spine surgeons at the Center for Orthopedic Excellence at Syosset Hospital treat conditions of the cervical, thoracic and lumbar spine. They are part of a team of anesthesiologists, nurses, radiologists and rehabilitation specialists who collaborate to provide excellent care for musculoskeletal and neurological conditions.
Why choose us
The Center for Orthopedic Excellence and its dedicated team of healthcare professionals focus on each patient as an individual. We believe that continuity of care offers the best results, so our doctors work with you during every part of your experience and follow you through preoperative education and presurgical testing, the surgical experience itself, rehabilitation and your return to a healthy and active life. This continuity of care means that not only will you have a better experience and recovery, you'll also have an added level of comfort and reassurance that comes with seeing familiar faces throughout your care.
Our team is composed of surgeons, physicians, nurses, physician assistants, rehabilitation specialists and healthcare professionals who have been chosen specifically for their training, skill and compassion.
Among the wide variety of spinal surgeries and less invasive procedures performed by the team are:
- Discectomy—Provides relief from herniated discs in the cervical and lumbar regions of the spine
- Spinal fusion—Corrects problems and stabilizes the vertebrae of the spine
- Laminectomy—Removes all or part of the vertebral bone (lamina) to relieve compression of the spinal cord
- Spinal decompression—Relieves symptoms caused by pressure or compression on the spinal cord and/or nerve roots such as herniated discs, collapsed discs, thickened joints, loosened ligaments and bony growths that narrow the spinal canal and cause pain
- Balloon kyphoplasty—Provides relief from back pain within 12 to 48 hours for most patients
Hear from our physicians
Learn more about spine surgery from our very own orthopedic surgeons.