NEW YORK —
For many women with breast cancer, eradicating the tumor is only part of the battle. Ensuring that they look and feel like themselves again is the other part.
In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, Lenox Hill Hospital
is hosting a free community event that will provide women considering a mastectomy or lumpectomy after breast cancer – or as a preventative measure – with an opportunity to learn about the latest reconstruction techniques from a panel of surgical experts, as well as meet former breast reconstruction patients and see their results first-hand.
The event – Baring It All: Everything You Need to Know About Breast Reconstruction – will take place on Thursday, October 26, 2017 from 5:30 - 8:30 pm at Bruno Lecture Hall – 100 East 77th St., New York, NY.
Attendees will have the opportunity to:
- Speak with an expert panel of breast oncology surgeons and reconstructive surgeons
- Get information about breast surgery options and what to consider when making a decision
- Learn about the different types of breast reconstruction procedures and get tips on choosing a procedure that is right for you
- Find out about the importance of aftercare and having a support system
- Meet with past breast reconstruction patients and hear their stories
- Participate in small group "show-and-tell" sessions where former patients will show results of their reconstruction procedures
The following Lenox Hill Hospital surgeons will participate in the awareness event:
The panel session will be followed by Q&A. Light refreshments will be served.
Pre-registration is encouraged, but walk-ins are welcome. To register, please visit: http://bit.ly/2gN9Og6
# # #
About Lenox Hill Hospital
Lenox Hill Hospital, a member of Northwell Health, is a 652-bed, fully accredited, acute care hospital located on Manhattan's Upper East Side with a national reputation for outstanding patient care and innovative medical and surgical treatments. US News & World Report has ranked the hospital among the top 10 hospitals in the state of New York with a total of five "high performing" designations for its clinical performance in Cancer Care, Gastroenterology & GI Surgery, Geriatrics, Orthopaedics and Urology. For more information, go to www.lenoxhillhospital.org.