We're here for you
The goal of our multidisciplinary, comprehensive Pain Center program is to help manage patients’ chronic pain and restore their functional capabilities. To decide on the best course of treatment, our neurologists, neurosurgeons, physiatrists and neuropsychologists conduct a thorough patient evaluation. This entails identification of the mechanisms of pain, its intensity and duration, and assessments of functional ability and quality of life. This is followed by a thorough physical examination along with any needed imaging.
The goals of our multidisciplinary pain management approach are to:
- Manage your pain through medication trials and/or nerve block procedures
- Strengthen your body with a wide variety of physical rehabilitation techniques
- Empower you with psychological help for dealing with the negative consequences of chronic pain
- Treat your whole person
The ideal treatment for pain is to eliminate the underlying cause of your pain. Sometimes, this is not possible, and treatment must concentrate on the symptom and its effects. A customized pain management plan can help you learn to utilize medications more effectively and practice techniques that can increase coping skills and promote a return to a more normal lifestyle.
What we treat
Acute and chronic pain can be managed with medication or interventional pain management procedures to provide relief for a wide variety of conditions, such as:
- Low back pain
- Facial pain
- Neck and shoulder pain
- Post-surgical pain
- Nerve injuries
- Myofascial pain
- Cancer pain
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Repetitive stress injury
Who can benefit from our services?
You can benefit from the Pain Center's resources if:
- You have not responded to initial medical interventions aimed at eliminating or improving the pain
- You have a pain condition that may respond to nerve block procedures such as acute back pain, sciatica, shingles, reflex sympathetic dystrophy (RSD or CRPS), myofacial pain or neck and arm pain
- Your pain cannot be attributed to a clear cause
- You want to learn more effective coping strategies for managing your pain
- Your personal physician would like a second opinion or additional treatment suggestions
- You desire a comprehensive and coordinated pain management treatment program
Our staff is dedicated to educating the next generation of medical professionals at our renowned medical school.
We're empowering imagination and supporting pioneering discovery to transform our field and create a better tomorrow.
With our FollowMyHealth™ Patient Portal, you can enjoy the convenience of accessing your medical records and health information—anywhere, anytime.