Honors and awards
- First GBM patient in New York State to receive IORT in study during a procedure performed by neurosurgeons Michael Schulder, MD and David Weintraub, MD, along with radiation oncologist, Anuj Goenka, MD at North Shore University Hospital. Read the press release here.
- David Eidelberg, MD recognized for dystonia research by the Michael J. Fox Foundation.
- Raj Narayan, MD inducted as President and Michael Schulder, MD named as Secretary-Treasurer for New York Society for Neurosurgery.
- 16 Northwell hospitals recognized for outstanding stroke and cardiac care. Read the press release
- Grant to fund development of trigeminal nerve stimulation device. Read the press release
- Long Island’s 10th Annual Brain Aneurysm Walk raises $90,000 at Jones Beach. Read more
- Lenox Hill Neurosurgery receive the 2018 Healthgrades Cranial Neurosurgery Excellence Award and the 2018 Healthgrades Stroke Care Excellence Award.
- Northwell invests $500k in technology startup Playback Health. Read the press release
- appointed as Director of Neuro-Endovascular Services and Director of Neurovascular Program at Staten Island University Hospital. Read the press release
- 15 Northwell hospitals recognized for outstanding stroke care. Read more here.
- Alessandro DiRocco, MD named director of Northwell Heath's Movement Disorders Program.
- David J. Chalif, MD received the 2018 Physician Champion Award from the Brain Aneurysm Foundation.
- Chunyan Li, PhD selected as the 2018 Innovation Awardee for Advancing Women in Science and Medicine (AWSM).
- Five epilepsy programs within Northwell Health have been reaccredited by the National Association of Epilepsy Centers (NAEC). Read more here.
- Staten Island University Hospital receives the Gold Plus Quality award for stroke care from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association. Read more here.
- Souhel Najjar, MD promoted to chair of Neurology Services at North Shore University Hospital and Long Island Jewish Medical Center. Read more here.
- Steven Pacia, MD named vice chair of Neurology at North Shore University Hospital and director of Neurology for Northwell's eastern region. Read more here.
- Ruben Kuzniecky, MD named vice chair of Academic Affairs for Lenox Hill Hospital, North Shore University Hospital and Long Island Jewish Medical Center and director of research and clinical trials for Lenox Hill Hospital, North Shore University Hospital and Long Island Jewish Medical Center. Read more here.
- David Langer, MD featured in the article "Brain Surgery in 3-D: Coming Soon to the Operating Theater" in the New York Times. Read the article here.
- John Boockvar, MD appointed to editorial board for the Journal of Neuro-Oncology (JNO).
- Noah L, Rosen, MD appointed to the board of directors of the United Council of Neurologic Subspecialties. Read more here.
- Amir R Dehdashti, MD named scientific co-chair for the 2018 North American Skull Base Society Meeting
- Feinstein Institute Awarded Over $1 million from the National Institutes of Health’s BRAIN initiative. Ashesh Mehta, MD, PhD will lead the project. Read more here.
- Long Island's 9th Annual Brain Aneurysm Walk raises $70,000 at Jones Beach. Read more here.
- Michael Schulder, MD appointed president of World Society for Stereotactic and Functional Neurosurgery. Read more here.
- John Boockvar, MD appointed as a member of the Society of Neurological Surgeons. Read more here.
- Trigeminal nerve stimulation shows promise for management of traumatic brain injury in animal study. Read more here.
- Innovative technology at Lenox Hill Hospital enables operating staff to see in 3D. Read more here.
- Cerebrovascular neurosurgeon Jason A. Ellis, MD joins Lenox Hill Hospital. Read more here.
- Neuroscience and oncology leaders gather to advance brain tumor research at Feinstein Institute’s Brain Tumor Biotech Summit. Read more here.
- College graduate reaches another milestone, remains seizure-free thanks to laser ablation surgery.
- 14 Northwell Health hospitals recognized for outstanding stroke care. Read more here.
- Neurologist remotely saves Southside stroke patient.
- Northwell Health's Michael Schulder, MD appointed to Journal of Neurosurgery's editorial board.
- National Association of Epilepsy Centers recognizes four Northwell Health epilepsy programs.
- Lenox Hill Hospital, Feinstein Institute study new treatments for aggressive brain cancer.
- Lenox Hill neurosurgeons publish two novel minimally invasive techniques for complex brain surgery.
- Fred A. Lado, MD, PhD, named regional director of epilepsy for Northwell Health’s central and eastern regions.
- Robert Galler, DO, MPH, FACS, FACOS named neurosurgery director at Peconic Bay Medical Center.
- Sean T. Hwang, MD, and Deborah N. Risbrook, FNP-BC, honored by EPIC Long Island Epilepsy Foundation.
- Northwell's Comprehensive Epilepsy Center enrolling patients in MRI-guided laser ablation clinical trial.
- Northwell is first on Long Island to acquire Synaptive Medical’s BrightMatter™ Technology for complex brain tumor and spinal surgery. Read the full article here.
- David Langer, MD hosted a "mini medical school" course to encourage young people to pursue careers in medicine.
- Guillermo Restrepo, PA helps save a passenger’s life during a flight to Colombia.