Webinar: A Matter of Time: Long vs. Short Radiation Treatments for Breast Cancer
About this webinar:
A recent New York Times article highlighted two schools of thought around radiation treatment for women with breast cancer who have had lumpectomies: longer treatments (typically five-to-seven weeks in duration) versus shorter treatments (three-to-four weeks of more intense radiation).
In this webinar, Dr. Andrews discusses:
- Her thoughts on the value of longer and shorter radiation therapy treatments for those with breast cancer, based on her extensive expertise treating these patients
- The evolution of radiation treatment for patients with breast cancer
- The importance of an individualized approach to any type of radiation treatment
- How the team at Northwell Health Cancer Institute evaluates patients for treatment
- What breast cancer patients need to know when radiation treatment is an option
Have questions for Dr. Andrews? Send them to us via Twitter by using the #nslijcancerchat hashtag.