Northwell Health Imaging at Greenwich Village, a division of Lenox Hill Hospital, offers a full range of diagnostic imaging services for patients in a comfortable, convenient setting. Our extensive imaging capabilities support a wide range of diagnostic goals, including primary diagnosis, the tracking of treatment progress, pre-surgical testing and post-operative analysis.
The facility uses state-of-the-art equipment and the very latest advances in imaging techniques, ensuring consistent, high-quality images for better analysis. Results are reviewed by a radiologist who has been board certified by the American Board of Radiology or the American Board of Nuclear Medicine.
Through the facility's computer system, images can be sent to consulting radiologists with the highest level of interpretive skills to assure each patient gets the most timely, accurate recommendations for follow up care. Images and reports are produced digitally for fast, efficient retrieval. Images are also available to patients on CD.
The office is open Monday through Saturday, with early morning and evening appointments available.
Northwell Health Imaging at Greenwich Village accepts all major insurances.
Radiology services offered at Northwell Health Imaging at Greenwich Village include:
- MRI scan – Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) is a diagnostic imaging procedure that uses a combination of a large magnet, radio frequencies and a computer to produce detailed images of organs and structures within the body. Northwell Health Imaging at Greenwich Village offers this procedure using a 1.5 wide bore MRI machine.
- CT scan – Also known as a CAT scan, this diagnostic imaging procedure uses a combination of X-rays and computer technology to produce images of the body. Northwell Health Imaging at Greenwich Village offers this procedure using a 64-slide low dose CT scan machine.
- Ultrasound - An ultrasound is a noninvasive diagnostic procedure used to assess soft tissue structures such as muscles, blood vessels, and organs. It uses sound waves that bounce off the organs like an echo and are converted by a computer into an electronic picture of the organs or tissues under study.
- Digital X-ray – X-rays use electromagnetic energy beams to produce images of internal tissues, bones, and organs.
- Image-guided biopsies and therapeutic procedures
- Comprehensive breast imaging services, including:
- 3D mammogram – Also known as a digital mammogram or digital breast tomosynthesis, 3D mammography allows the radiologist to examine breast tissue one layer at a time. This improves the ability to detect abnormalities while reducing false alarms due to overlapping tissue.
- Breast biopsy (ultrasound-guided, MRI-guided and stereotactic) – A biopsy is a procedure done to remove tissue or cells from the body for further examination.
- Breast ultrasound – An ultrasound, also commonly referred to as a sonogram, is a diagnostic imaging procedure used to view internal organs as they function and to assess blood flow through vessels.
- Bone density - A bone densitometry test is used to diagnose osteoporosis, a condition in which bones become fragile and brittle.
About Northwell Health Imaging
Northwell Health Imaging has New York’s largest group of fellowship-trained, subspecialized radiologists. Patients can be guaranteed that their images will be interpreted quickly and accurately. Northwell Health Imaging is also the first radiology practice in New York state designated by the American College of Radiology as a Diagnostic Center of Excellence, based on its efficient, safe, high-quality care.