Northwell Health Imaging at North Fork, formerly North Fork Radiology, has been providing high-quality imaging services on the east end of Long Island since 1957. Northwell Health Imaging at North Fork and Grossman Imaging Center in Manorville are conveniently located to support the screening and diagnostic imaging needs of residents of the east end of Long Island.
Our Riverhead imaging center uses state-of-the-art technology and the latest advances in scanning techniques to provide highly precise, accurate images. For tests that use radiation, we use the lowest dose possible to achieve high-quality images.
Your scan will be interpreted by a radiologist with years of experience and training in the imaging technology used and the condition or part of the body being examined. Most of our radiologists focus exclusively on exams in the area of their subspecialty, which sharpens the eye and makes it easier to pick up subtle changes while reducing false positives.
Our imaging services are fully integrated with specialists across Northwell Health. Our precision images, prompt and accurate analysis and ongoing collaboration with your physicians help ensure the most effective treatment plan for every situation.
During the transition to Northwell Health there may be some billing changes. Please check with our front desk to determine if our radiologists participate with your insurance plan. You still may receive insurance statements indicating that the radiologist does not participate with your insurance plan. This is a temporary situation during the transition. If you receive such correspondence from your insurance company, please call (855) 571-5843 and we will work with you to resolve any issues with your insurance company.
Screening and diagnostic imaging services
- MRI scan – Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) is a diagnostic imaging procedure that uses a combination of a large magnet, radio frequencies and a computer to produce detailed images of organs and structures within the body.
- Nuclear medicine tests – A nuclear medicine test is a kind of imaging test that uses small amounts of a radioactive substance, called a radiotracer or radiopharmaceutical, to help create images of structures and processes inside your body.
- CT scan – A CT scan is a diagnostic imaging procedure that uses a combination of X-rays and computer technology to produce images of the body.
- Lung cancer screening – Lung cancer screening is a regular preventive health check, much like a mammogram or colonoscopy. It is used to test for lung cancer before you have symptoms. Our screening experts are trained in detecting lung cancer in its earliest and most treatable stages—so that they can act before the disease has a chance to spread.
- Ultrasound (sonogram) – An ultrasound is a noninvasive diagnostic procedure used to assess soft tissue structures such as muscles, blood vessels, and organs.
- X-ray – An X-ray uses electromagnetic energy beams to produce images of internal tissues, bones, and organs.
- DEXA scan (bone density test) – A DEXA scan is used to diagnose osteoporosis, a condition in which bones become fragile and brittle.
Breast screening and diagnostic imaging services
- Mammogram – A mammogram using 3D technology allows the radiologist to examine breast tissue one layer at a time. This improves the ability to detect abnormalities while reducing false alarms due to overlapping tissue.
- Breast ultrasound (sonogram) – A breast ultrasound is a noninvasive diagnostic procedure used to evaluate a mass in breast tissue.