Northwell Health Imaging at Great Neck (935 Northern Blvd.)
Northwell Health Imaging at Great Neck is a full service imaging center conveniently located at 935 Northern Boulevard in Nassau County, close to North Shore University Hospital. For your convenience, our imaging center is open Monday through Saturday, with early morning and evening appointments available. We accept most major insurances and offer free, convenient parking.
Our Great Neck imaging center uses state-of-the-art technology and the latest advances in scanning techniques to provide highly precise, accurate images. For tests that use radiation, we use the lowest dose possible to achieve high-quality images.
Your scan will be interpreted by a radiologist with years of experience and training in the imaging technology used and the condition or part of the body being examined. Most of our radiologists focus exclusively on exams in the area of their subspecialty, which sharpens the eye and makes it easier to pick up subtle changes while reducing false positives.
Our imaging services are fully integrated with specialists across Northwell Health. Our precise images, prompt and accurate analysis and ongoing collaboration with your physicians help ensure the most effective treatment plan for every situation.
Our imaging center has been designated by the American College of Radiology as a Center of Excellence in Breast Imaging.
Screening and diagnostic imaging services
- Ultrasound (sonogram) – An ultrasound is a noninvasive diagnostic procedure used to assess soft tissue structures such as muscles, blood vessels, and organs.
- X-ray – An X-ray uses electromagnetic energy beams to produce images of internal tissues, bones, and organs.
- DEXA scan (bone density test) – A DEXA scan is used to diagnose osteoporosis, a condition in which bones become fragile and brittle.
Breast screening and diagnostic imaging services
- Mammogram – A mammogram using 3D technology allows the radiologist to examine breast tissue one layer at a time. This improves the ability to detect abnormalities while reducing false alarms due to overlapping tissue.
- Breast ultrasound (sonogram) – A breast ultrasound is a noninvasive diagnostic procedure used to evaluate a mass in breast tissue.
- Breast biopsy – A breast biopsy is a procedure that uses imaging technology to remove a sample of cells or tissue from a suspicious area in the breast for examination under a microscope. We offer ultrasound-guided breast biopsies.