Northwell Health Imaging at Bay Shore is a full service imaging center conveniently located in Nassau County and in the same building as Imbert Cancer Center. For your convenience, our imaging center is open Monday through Friday, with early morning and evening appointments available. We accept all major insurances and offer free, convenient parking.
Our Bay Shore imaging center uses state-of-the-art technology and the latest advances in scanning techniques to provide highly precise, accurate images. For tests that use radiation, we use the lowest dose possible to achieve high-quality images.
Your scan will be interpreted by a radiologist with years of experience and training in the imaging technology used and the condition or part of the body being examined. Most of our radiologists focus exclusively on exams in the area of their subspecialty, which sharpens the eye and makes it easier to pick up subtle changes while reducing false positives.
Our imaging services are fully integrated with specialists across Northwell Health. Our precise images, prompt and accurate analysis and ongoing collaboration with your physicians help ensure the most effective treatment plan for every situation.
Our imaging center has been designated by the American College of Radiology as a Center of Excellence in Diagnostic Imaging.
Screening and diagnostic imaging services
- MRI scan – Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) is a diagnostic imaging procedure that uses a combination of a large magnet, radio frequencies and a computer to produce detailed images of organs and structures within the body. Our imaging center uses a 1.5T high-field wide bore MRI.
- PET/CT scan – PET/CT combines information from PET and CT technologies to create images that pinpoint the location of abnormal activity in the body.
- SPECT/CT scan – A single photon emission computed tomography (SPECT) scan is a type of nuclear imaging test that uses a radioactive substance (called a radiotracer or radiopharmaceutical) and a radiation-sensitive camera to produce three dimensional images of structures inside your body.
- Ultrasound (sonogram) – An ultrasound is a noninvasive diagnostic procedure used to assess soft tissue structures such as muscles, blood vessels, and organs.
- X-ray – An X-ray uses electromagnetic energy beams to produce images of internal tissues, bones, and organs.
- Nuclear medicine tests – A nuclear medicine test is a kind of imaging test that uses small amounts of a radioactive substance, called a radiotracer or radiopharmaceutical, to help create images of structures and processes inside your body.
- Image-guided biopsy – An image-guided biopsy uses imaging technology to take a sample of tissue in order to determine whether it is benign (noncancerous), malignant (cancerous) or infectious.
- Interventional radiology procedures – Interventional radiology procedures use advanced imaging technology to diagnose and treat a broad range of diseases throughout the body in a minimally invasive way.
Breast imaging services are available at Northwell Health Imaging at Great South Bay located at 620 Main Street in Islip.