When you're with us, you'll have access to the largest group of subspecialized, fellowship-trained radiologists on Long Island. Because where you go for imaging matters–and you shouldn't have to travel far to get there.
About Northwell Health Reichert Family Imaging at Huntington
Northwell Health Reichert Family Imaging at Huntington offers a full range of diagnostic imaging services in a convenient, modern outpatient setting. Our extensive imaging capabilities support a wide range of diagnostic goals, including primary diagnosis, the tracking of treatment progress, presurgical testing and postoperative analysis.
We use state-of-the-art equipment and the very latest advances in imaging techniques to ensure consistent, high quality images for better analysis. Results are reviewed by a radiologist who has been board certified by the American Board of Radiology or the American Board of Nuclear Medicine.
Your results are critical to an accurate diagnosis, and every minute matters. That's why we use a digital imaging system to seamlessly route your scans to a subspecialized radiologist and get you get the results you need—quickly and accurately. Your images will also be available on CD.
The office is open Monday through Saturday, with early morning and evening appointments available.
Northwell Health Reichert Family Imaging at Huntington accepts most major insurances and offers free, ample parking.
Northwell Health Imaging is the first radiology practice in New York state designated by the American College of Radiology as a Diagnostic Center of Excellence based upon our efficient, safe, high quality care. We use state-of-the-art equipment and the very latest advances in imaging techniques to ensure consistent, high quality images and uncompromised accuracy.
Radiology services offered at Northwell Health Reichert Family Imaging at Huntington include:
- MRI scan – Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) is a diagnostic imaging procedure that uses a combination of a large magnet, radiofrequencies and a computer to produce detailed images of organs and structures within the body. Northwell Health Reichert Family Imaging at Huntington offers this procedure using a 3T wide bore MRI machine.
- CT scan – Also known as a CAT scan, this diagnostic imaging procedure uses a combination of X-rays and computer technology to produce images of the body. Northwell Health Reichert Family Imaging at Huntington offers this procedure using a 64-slide low dose CT scan machine.
- Digital X-ray – X-rays use electromagnetic energy beams to produce images of internal tissues, bones and organs.
- Bone density – A bone densitometry test is used to diagnose osteoporosis, a condition in which bones become fragile and brittle.
- Image guided biopsies and therapeutic procedures
- Comprehensive breast imaging services, including:
- 3D mammogram – Also known as a digital mammogram or digital breast tomosynthesis, 3D mammography allows the radiologist to examine breast tissue one layer at a time. This improves the ability to detect abnormalities while reducing false alarms due to overlapping tissue.
- Breast biopsy (ultrasound-guided, MRI-guided and stereotactic) – A biopsy is a procedure done to remove tissue or cells from the body for further examination.
- Breast ultrasound – An ultrasound, also commonly referred to as a sonogram, is a diagnostic imaging procedure used to view internal organs as they function and to assess blood flow through vessels.