Cosmetic plastic surgery
The plastic surgery specialists at Northwell Health are experienced in performing state-of-the-art cosmetic procedures to provide men and women with a look that is both youthful and natural.
Nonsurgical treatments are also offered, including injectables, dermal (facial) fillers, chemical peels and lasers.
Our individualized treatment plans include:
- Botox® -- This drug is injected into the skin for various purposes, including the temporary smoothing of wrinkles for a more youthful appearance. This can be done in the office and is one of the most common procedures performed today.
- Breast augmentation (augmentation mammoplasty) -- This surgery involves using breast implants or fat from your own body (called fat transfer breast augmentation) to increase the size of your breasts or restore the volume of your breasts after weight loss or pregnancy.
- Breast lift (mastoplexy) – This procedure can raise sagging or drooping breasts and can lift up the nipple and areola (dark skin around the nipple).
- Brow lift – This procedure corrects sagging in the skin of the forehead, upper eyelids and eyebrows.
- Ear lobe repair – This procedure is used to fix stretched or torn earlobes caused by earrings or other trauma to the earlobe.
- Eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty) – This is surgery for correcting defects, deformities and disfigurations of the upper and lower eyelids for the improved function and/or appearance of your eyes. Our goal is to restore a youthful, natural and less “tired” look.
- Face lift (rhytidectomy) – This is a surgical procedure to improve visible signs of aging in the face and neck. Our surgeons are trained in state-of-the-art techniques for face lifting to create a natural, youthful neck and face without an “overdone” look.
- Fillers – Injectable dermal fillers can plump thin lips, soften creases in the face, smooth wrinkles and improve the appearance of some scars.
- Liposuction – Unwanted folds and fatty bulges (love handles) can be removed using liposuction to help create a flat, thin profile. This is the most common plastic surgery procedure performed in the U.S.
- Nose reshaping (rhinoplasty) – This is surgery to reshape the nose. It can make the nose larger or smaller, change the angle or correct any unwanted bumps or indentations.
- Scar revision – Scars are visible signs that remain after a wound from injury or surgery has healed. Scar revision surgery is performed to minimize the scar so that it blends in better with your skin. Scars can be different colors and textures and may or may not be raised on your skin. Your treatment options may vary based on the type of scar you have and may include:
- Surgical procedure with advanced techniques in stitching the wound
- Minimally invasive procedures
- Topical treatments – medications are given in the form of creams, solutions, lotions, foams, sprays or ointments that are applied to the skin
- Surgery after weight loss (body contouring) –This surgery follows major weight loss to improve the shape and tone of your underlying tissue and remove sagging fat and skin. The result is a more normal appearance to the body with smoother contours. The buttocks can also be lifted and reshaped to provide more projection and less flatness.
- Tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) – This is a surgical procedure where extra skin and fat are removed from the abdomen to improve its appearance and create a more toned look. The connective tissues in the abdomen are often tightened with stitches as well. The result is a nice, flat abdomen with scars well hidden in the bikini line.