At Northwell Health, we are dedicated to primary care that is based on long-term, personal relationships between our patients and our doctors. With a focus on comprehensive care for patients of all ages, our advanced centers of care respond quickly to patients’ needs and the changing face of health care.
Primary care services at Northwell Health
Our experienced, skilled physicians, nurses and other medical staff provide primary care with an emphasis on disease prevention. We also manage chronic diseases such as high blood pressure, diabetes and heart disease.
We provide primary care services in our hospitals, ambulatory care centers and outpatient locations throughout the New York metropolitan area and Long Island.
What is a "Patient-Centered Medical Home?"
Northwell Health has been designated a patient-centered medical home by the National Committee for Quality Assurance. This recognition acknowledges our excellence as a medical home in the following standards:
- Coordinated care - Our primary care physicians work with other physicians and health care professionals to manage patient care and provide community resources.
- Physician teamwork - Physician-led teams work together to care for patients, especially for disease prevention and chronic condition management.
- Convenient access to services - We offer enhanced access through extended night and weekend hours and online communication.
- One stop for primary care - Most patient care is provided in the same location so patients don’t have to travel.
- Patient-focused care - Our physicians and patients build long-term partnerships for informed, compassionate health care management.
Preventive care through your PCP
At Northwell Health, we emphasize preventive medicine, patient education and chronic disease management. Learn more about the services we offer:
- Annual check-ups
- Health screenings
- Finding a primary care physician