The Northwell Health Rehabilitation Network offers occupational therapy at every level of care:
- Hospital-based rehabilitation
- Inpatient rehabilitation
- Outpatient rehabilitation
- Home care
The rehabilitation professionals at the network’s inpatient facilities throughout Long Island and Staten Island provide personalized services under the direction of each patient’s primary physician, completing the circle of care to make the most of the treatment process. Facility tours are available. To schedule, please contact the facility directly.
Acute rehabilitation is designed for individuals who need frequent physician monitoring, 24-hour nursing and intensive physical, occupational and/or speech therapy to maximize recovery. The patient’s length of stay is based on diagnosis, needs and progress during treatment.
Acute inpatient rehabilitation services are available at the following locations:
Sub-acute rehabilitation is for patients who need a less intense, less medically-supervised rehabilitation environment. Sub- acute facilities provide treatment until patients are ready to return home or to a long-term care setting. Depending on progress and direction of the patient’s physician, sub-acute treatment is often followed by home care or outpatient rehabilitation.
Inpatient sub-acute rehabilitation services are available at the following locations:
- Northwell Health Stern Family Center for Rehabilitation
- Northwell Health Orzac Center for Rehabilitation
- Peconic Bay Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
The Northwell Health Stern Family Center for Rehabilitation and Northwell Health Orzac Center for Rehabilitation have been awarded a five out of five rating for overall quality by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, placing both sites in the top 10 percent of nursing facilities in the country.
The teams of occupational therapists at the outpatient facilities create individualized treatment programs based on patient’s needs and goals – whether it is to speed recovery, decrease pain or simply return to the activities they love.
Many of the staff members, which include physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech therapists and neuropsychologists, have specialized training to provide the treatments patients need.
Occupational therapy services are available at the following outpatient rehabilitation locations:
- Glen Cove Hospital Outpatient Rehabilitation
- Northern Westchester Hospital - STARS Rehabilitation
- Peconic Bay Outpatient Therapy and Rehabilitation Center
- Phelps Memorial Hospital Center - Physical Rehabilitation
- Southside Hospital Outpatient Rehabilitation
- Staten Island University Hospital – North site
- Staten Island University Hospital – South site
- STARS Rehabilitation – East Meadow
- Transitions of Long Island