Northwell Health board-certified occupational medicine physicians partner with unions and benefit funds to enhance the quality of care members receive and lower overall healthcare costs. With over 30 years of experience, and a profound understanding of workplaces throughout the region, our team will review your records, evaluate your work environments, and provide care to your members. We offer solutions and recommend ways you can prevent injuries and illnesses before they happen - keeping your members healthy and productive and your healthcare-related costs down.
We provide utilization review for all cost centers, including disability claims and healthcare costs. After an analysis, we will develop and implement a range of wellness, preventive, and disease management programs to target high-yield problems. In addition, our clinical evaluations for return-to-work programs decrease days lost to illness/injury, thereby lowering insurance costs and keeping individuals at work.
As part of the Northwell Health, we offer a wide range of prevention, education and treatment programs including:
- On-site health fairs screening for high blood pressure, diabetes, cholesterol, etc., which can be done on a periodic basis at job sites or at meetings
- Annual flu vaccine programs offered at job sites, meetings, or at our clinics
- Healthy lifestyle campaigns for tobacco cessation, nutrition, exercise, ‘heart smart,’ etc.
- Mental health services, initiatives and outreach targeting depression, burnout, job stress, and substance abuse
Northwell Health occupational medicine clinicians provide comprehensive medical evaluation, monitoring, and treatment of individuals performing at-risk jobs, such as those working in and around:
- Respiratory irritants
With an understanding of challenging work environments, we offer a full range of medical care for all job-related health issues individuals may have.
Additional clinical services include:
- Hearing assessments
- Independent medical exams
- Department of Transportation (DOT), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) required exams and screenings
- Pre-employment physicals and Fitness-for-Duty services
- Assessments of job-specific functional capacity
- Respirator fit testing
- Management of repetitive strain, back, and upper and lower extremity injuries
- Assessments for a Safe Work Environment
- Our team of OSHA-trained, certified industrial hygienists and workplace health and safety specialists enhance safety by providing on-site services, including:
- Ergonomic assessments/adjustments for workstations, equipment, specific job tasks, etc.
- Assessments for potential injuries, exposures and hazards
- Respirator fit testing
- Hearing Conservation Program guidance