Circle of Care program
When you feel overwhelmed by caregiving, Northwell is here to help. Our Circle of Care program offers expert support and guidance to seniors as well as younger disabled persons to help navigate the worlds of eldercare and healthcare. Your care manager will conduct a thorough evaluation and will create a clear, concise plan that meets the specific needs of you or your loved ones. This may cover in-home services as well as a variety of community resources. Your geriatric care manager knows who to call, how to get things done and will walk you through the entire process.
Our care managers serve as advocates for you. With your health and well-being in mind, your care manager will:
- Set up companions or home health aides
- Set up doctors who make house calls
- Set up nursing and therapy services
- Help with bill paying
- Accompany clients to doctor appointments
- Advocate for clients in a hospital setting
- Maintain contact with out of town family members
- Advise clients about Medicaid and other entitlements
- Recommend adult daycare programs
- Help clients choose service providers relating to every aspect of long term planning
- Provide emotional support and counseling as needed.