Northwell Health takes an advanced approach to treating lymphoma. The highly regarded experts in the Hematologic Oncology Center use the latest technology and research-backed therapies to treat all types and stages of lymphoma. The Hematologic Oncology Center is home to the Adult Bone Marrow and Stem Cell Transplant Program, one of the largest in the New York metro area and the only FACT-accredited program in Long Island, Queens and Brooklyn.
Within the first several days of a visit, the multidisciplinary team at the Hematologic Oncology Center will conduct comprehensive tests and develop a personalized cancer treatment program.
Highlights of lymphoma treatments and services at the center include:
- The most effective therapies aimed at curing or containing lymphoma.
- Leading-edge chemotherapy and immunotherapy regimens.
- Precision radiation therapy techniques that protect healthy tissue while targeting diseased areas
- Targeted therapies that identify and attack cancer cells
- Biologic therapy that enhances the immune system to fight the cancer
- FACT-accredited bone marrow/stem cell transplantation program
Each diagnosis is unique, so the team meets regularly to discuss patient treatment during weekly teleconferences where the physicians who are experts in the diagnosis and treatment of Hodgkin and non-Hodgkin lymphoma share ideas and best practices for delivering the most up to date and effective patient care. The specialists review each treatment phase to ensure that treatment milestones are reached.
From diagnosis through treatment including nutritional, social work and pain management support, patients are the capable hands of experts every step of the way.