Florence & Robert A. Rosen Family Wellness Center
Since 2006, the Rosen Family Wellness Center has been dedicated to enhancing the well-being of military service members, 9/11 first responders, law enforcement personnel and their families with a deep commitment to providing compassionate behavioral health services.
Our staff is experienced in dealing with issues specific to these groups, including:
- Long-term exposure to stressful or traumatic events
- Fear for the safety of loved ones who may be deployed overseas or who are first responders to life-threatening situations
- Bereavement and related issues
- Rotating shifts, extended work hours, weekend and holiday work, prolonged separations and related employment stressors
- The unique needs of families before, during and following military deployments
- Reintegration of military service members after they return from service
Our array of treatment and educational services includes:
- No-cost consultations
- Confidential assessments
- Individual, couples and family psychotherapy for children, adolescents and adults
- Specialized treatments for post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Psychiatric evaluations and medication management
- Crisis counseling for military and law enforcement agencies
- Referrals for specialized longer-term behavioral health care
- Training and workshops
For a no-cost and confidential consultation, call us at (516) 562-3260. Learn more about the center.
Unified Behavioral Health Center for Military Veterans and Their Families
The Mildred and Frank Feinberg Division of the Unified Behavioral Health Center for Military Veterans and Their Families is dedicated to enhancing the physical and emotional well-being of the military communities of Long Island.
Founded in 2012, the Unified Behavioral Health Center is a unique, first-of-its-kind collaborative effort between Northwell Health and the Northport Veterans Administration to evaluate and treat military personnel and their family members. Under one roof, Northwell Health provides behavioral health services to families affected by the military service of a member while the Northport Veterans administration operates an outpatient clinic for veterans.
A focus on family
We recognize that service members’ sacrifices are shared by family members, yet the family is often overlooked when difficulties arise. Our team of professionals works together to provide the best possible treatment of issues common to military families, such as long-term exposure to stressful or traumatic events, fear for the safety of loved ones, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), anxiety, depression, family conflicts and children’s behavioral problems.
We also address the unique needs for families before, during and after deployments, such as difficulties with reintegration that can affect adults and children. The Center serves all family members of those who have served or are serving on active duty, in the reserves or with the National Guard, as well as veterans who do not have VA benefits.
Our services include:
- Confidential assessments
- Treatment for children, adolescents, adults, couples and families
- Customized treatment plans, medication therapy and psychotherapy (individual, group and family)
- Coordinated care with the VA (when approved by the client)
- Health and wellness management
- Education and supportive resources
- Parenting and child workshops
- Training for healthcare professionals
- Outreach, presentations, consultation and crisis counseling for military agencies
To set up a consultation, call us at (631) 647-2530. Learn more about the center.
VA Women’s Referral Program
We’ve partnered with the Northport Veterans Affairs Medical Center to provide veterans with women’s health services, including mammography, breast ultrasound, breast biopsy, breast MRI and obstetrical (OB) care.
Facilities that are involved in the program include:
- Ann and Jules Gottlieb Women's Comprehensive Health Center
- Schlanger, Gottlieb, Partners Council Breast Imaging Center
- Huntington Hospital Women’s Health Center
- Northwell Health Imaging at Great South Bay