The teams of subspecialized radiologists at Northwell Health Imaging work together to provide high-quality radiology services and ensure patient images are seen quickly by an expert best positioned to provide guidance on care.
Complementing the physician’s experience, Northwell Health Imaging offers the most advanced radiology techniques, including:
- Low-dose CT
- Lung cancer screening uses state-of-the-art, low-dose computed tomography (CT) or CAT (computerized axial tomography) scans with reduced radiation to identify lung nodules, some of which may be cancerous. Scans are more likely than routine chest X-rays to show lung tumors.
- Digital x-ray
- Image guided diagnostic and therapeutic procedures and biopsies
- Breast biopsies: Ultrasound guided, MRI guided and stereotactic
- Full service breast program:
- Breast ultrasound
- Breast MRI
- The 3D mammogram is currently performed as a complement to the standard digital mammogram, as clinically appropriate.