Myofascial pain treatment
Palliative care physicians at Northwell Health have experience in treating “acute on chronic” pain. That means the staff cares for your new level of pain while taking into account any chronic pain. The team partners with your primary care physician, surgeon or pain specialist to coordinate all aspects of your care.
The goal is to find the source of your pain as well as relieve your symptoms. Using multiple methods of pain management, physicians may recommend one or more of the following:
- Physical therapy to improve mobility and strengthen muscles
- Pain medications including opioids and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs)
- Psychosocial care including Reiki, aromatherapy and reflexology for relaxation
- Stress management including psychotherapy and support groups for patients and their families
- Spiritual support from nondenominational chaplains certified in palliative care