The Northwell Health Rehabilitation Network has developed a unique golf therapy program for golf players. The program combines a team of top professionals from several disciplines to help patients recover from injury, improve fitness, optimize mechanics and ultimately improve their game. Each participant receives an individualized screening utilized for elite player development.
The program can include a combination of the following components:
- A physical exam that can help to identify injury and physical limitations that may prevent proper swing mechanics and limit power production
- Rehabilitation by professionals who understand the patient’s goals as a golfer
- Development of an individualized fitness program to sustain performance
- A computerized video analysis to detect correctable swing faults (reviewed, critiqued and e-mailed to the patient)
- Golf instruction by a PGA professional