The Division of Gastroenterology has grown to lead the health system's 21 hospitals as well as multiple outpatient gastroenterology practices across the New York metro area, at which virtually any gastrointestinal disorder can be diagnosed and treated. Our core values include the promotion of quality, professionalism, honesty, respect, support, compassion, and communication.
Our philosophy is to be patient-centered in all areas of:
- Patient care and education
- Medical education for medical students, residents, and fellows
- Research and development
- Faculty development
All of our efforts are centered on the health and welfare of the patients within the gastroenterology practices.
The vision for the division is to provide the best-quality care for patients in New York City and the surrounding area, while developing a national and an international reputation in key areas with respect to clinical care, education, and research. In order to accomplish this, the division is expanding services in motility, therapeutic endoscopy, gastrointestinal cancers, cancer genetics, inflammatory bowel disease, and obesity. Our faculty members are leaders in education and research, training exceptional gastroenterology fellows who demonstrate intellectual curiosity and academic potential.
- Ambulatory practice specializing in a wide range of gastroenterological problems
- Gastroenterology practice staffed by graduate fellows with supervision by voluntary and full-time faculty
- In-patient service with a diversity of acute medical problems
- An active endoscopy service, including upper and lower endoscopy, endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography, and other investigative techniques