Our Division of Endocrinology aims not only to provide outstanding consultative and specialty support to our professional colleagues and patients but also to effectively partner with other ambulatory clinical practices and inpatient services to improve patient outcomes with respect to endocrine diseases. This means developing close working relationships with internal medicine and geriatrics to improve the quality of diabetes management provided in primary care.
Furthermore, the division is taking on the epidemic of obesity and diabetes sweeping our nation. There is a clear need for a broad-based, versatile, creative way to focus our efforts and improve patient care of diabetes, both inpatient and outpatient. Diabetes touches every line of patient clinical practices. The division has deployed initiatives that are system-wide and site-specific, and extend seamlessly into the community.
As a part of Northwell Health, our faculty and endocrinologists treat, prevent, and manage disease related to diabetes, pituitary disorders, and adrenal disorders. Our partnerships with specialists in other divisions and departments give us the ability to leverage skill, experience, and cutting-edge equipment, allowing us to best meet the needs of every patient.
We currently have seven full-time faculty members, three nurse practitioners, three diabetes nurse educators, two inpatient diabetes teams, and one registered dietician. Our faculty are actively engaged in the clinical areas of diabetes, thyroid disease, and metabolic bone disease and have active research projects in multiple areas. Our division is in the process of applying for Joint Commission Disease Specific Certification in Inpatient Diabetes at both North Shore University Hospital and Long Island Jewish Medical Center.
Through the inpatient and outpatient care facilities, the division provides state-of-the-art therapeutic modalities including:
- Ultrasound-guided fine needle aspiration of the thyroid
- Bone densitometry (osteoporosis testing)
- American Diabetes Association–accredited diabetes education program
- Nutritional counseling services
- State-of-the-art thyroid ultrasonography
- Metabolic Bone Disease
- Paget’s Disease
- Calcium and Parathyroid Disorders
- Thyroid Disorders
- Graves Disease
- Type 1 Diabetes
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Pituitary Disorders
- Adrenal Disorders
- Vitamin D Deficiency
- Male Hypogonadism
- Bone Density Testing
- Diabetes Education
- Medical Nutrition Therapy and Counseling
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
865 Northern Boulevard, Suite 203
Manhasset, NY 11021
Northwell Health Diabetes Wellness Program (1-855-36-GOALS)
Yael Tobi Harris, MD
- Chief - Endocrinology of Medicine - Endocrinology, Long Island Jewish Medical Center
- Chief - Endocrinology of Medicine - Endocrinology Diabetes and Metabolism, North Shore University Hospital
- Assistant Professor, Hofstra Northwell School of Medicine
- view full profile