N. Makaryus, MD
About the researcher:
- Multi-Modality Cardiovascular Imaging
- Coronary CT Angiography
- SPECT Nuclear Myocardial Perfusion Imaging
- PET Cardiac Imaging
- Use of cardiac imaging to guide interventional and electrophysiologic procedures
Research training opportunities for residents and fellows
We are currently conducting prospective and retrospective studies in the use of multi-modality cardiac imaging in the management of patients with cardiovascular disease. Fellows, residents, interns, medical students, and college students actively participate in all aspects of research from data collection/management to abstract and manuscript preparation. All members of the research team contribute significantly and have the opportunity to present their work at local, national, and even international conferences.
- Ruisi P, Makaryus JN, Ruisi M, Makaryus AN. Inflammatory bowel disease as a risk factor for premature coronary artery disease. J Clin Med Res. 2015 Apr;7(4):257-61.
- Makaryus AN, Henry S, Loewinger L, Makaryus JN, Boxt L. Multi-Detector Coronary CT Imaging for the Identification of Coronary Artery Stenoses in a "Real-World" Population. Clin Med Insights Cardiol. 2015 Jan 5;8(Suppl 4):13-22.
- Fan D, Makaryus JN, Wassef B, Suma V, Masry M, Makaryus AN. Exacerbation of pulmonic regurgitation by diastolic tricuspid regurgitation. Echocardiography. 2014 Sep;31(8):E234-9.
- Makaryus JN, Angert-Gilman J, Yacoub M, Patel A, Goldner B. Inappropriate Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillator Discharge Attributed to Alternating Current Leak in a Swimming Pool. Tex Heart Inst J 2014 Feb; 41(1):61-3.
- Makaryus JN, Halperin JL, Lau JF. Oral anticoagulants in the management of venous thromboembolism. Nat Rev Cardiol. 2013 Jul;10(7):397-409.