N. Nouryan, MA
About the researcher:
- Working with geriatric fellows to develop and submit abstracts, posters and manuscripts.
- Assisting a variety of departments throughout the health system in research design, implementation and analysis.
- Grant submissions, data collection and analysis for large scale multi-year randomized trials.
Research training opportunities for residents and fellows
- Collaborative research with several departments within the health system including: Oncology, Geriatrics, Rehabilitation, Biostatistics, Cardiothoracic Surgery, Home Care, Cardiology, Pharmacy, Emergency Department and Palliative Care.
- Randomized trials, chart reviews, and surveys.
Field of study: Industrial/Organisational Pyschology
Honors and awards
2015 - 2017
Fan Fox and Leslie R. Samuels Foundation - Improving quality of life for older adults in Queens, NY: An outpatient collaborative team model for an innovative breast cancer and aging program.
2015 - 2017
Manhasset women's coalition against breast cancer - Improving quality of life for older adults in Long Island, NY with breast cancer: An outpatient collaborative team model for an innovative breast cancer and aging program.
2014 - 2016
PCORI - Telehealth self-management program in older adults living with heart failure in health disparity communities
- Hall MH, Esposito RA, Pekmezaris R, Lesser M, Moravick D, Jahn L, Blenderman R, Akerman M, Nouryan CN, Hartman AR. Cardiac surgery nurse practitioner home visits prevent coronary artery bypass graft readmissions. Ann Thorac Surg. 2014;97(5):1488-93; discussion 1493-5.
- Robles-Suarez J, Sinvani LD, Rosen L, Nouryan CN, Wolf-Klein G. Hydration Status of Long Term Care Residents Rehospitalized Within 30 Days of Hospital Discharge. In Press - The Journal of Nursing Home Research Sciences. In Press - Published on line 12/2014.
- Araw AC, Araw AM, Pekmezaris R, Nouryan CN, Sison C, Tommasulo B, Wolf-Klein GP. Medical orders for life-sustaining treatment: is it time yet? Palliat Support Care. 2014;12(2):101-5.
- Sinvani LD, Beizer J, Akerman M, Pekmezaris R, Nouryan C, Lutsky L, Cal C, Dlugacz Y, Masick K, Wolf-Klein G. Medication reconciliation in continuum of care transitions: a moving target. J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2013;14(9):668-72.
- Sinvani, LD; Nouryan, CN; Pekmezaris, R; Wolf-Klein, G. Vitamins and Dietary Supplements: Controversy and Confusion. Clinical Geriatrics 2013; 21(5).