Certified athletic trainer services
At Northwell Health, we believe that athletes should have access to coordinated care to ensure their safety and well-being during practice and competition. Through our certified athletic trainer services, we provide schools and teams with highly qualified certified athletic trainers who have access to the resources of Northwell Health – the region’s largest health system.
Our services include:
- Assessing on-field and track injuries
- Maintaining training rooms
- Managing athletic training budgets
- Providing concussion management services
- Developing and instructing injury prevention and fitness programs
- Serving as a liaison among parents, coaches, physicians and rehabilitation professionals regarding student athlete injuries
- Providing fast-track access to the Northwell Health network and help navigating the healthcare system
The Northwell advantage
The Northwell team of medical professionals includes board-certified physicians who work with professional and college-level sports teams, including the New York Jets, the New York Islanders and the New York Cosmos. Additionally, athletes gain access to an extensive network of outpatient rehabilitation services throughout Nassau, Suffolk, Queens, Westchester and Manhattan.
We also provide education to athletes, students, parents, coaches, teachers, school nurses and the community on a variety of health-related topics that impact student athletes, including:
- Heat stroke, heat exhaustion, frost bite and hypothermia
- Sudden cardiac arrest
- Orthopaedic injuries
- Emergency action plans
- Prevention programs
For more information about certified athletic trainer services at Northwell Health, call (516) 321-7522.