As a leader cardiac care, Northwell Health realizes that one of the most important investments is to medical education. Multiple residency and fellowship opportunities are available, and curriculum offerings encompass the gamut of cardiac care disciplines and medical subspecialties: including surgery, cardiology, vascular and thoracic.
The accredited programs allow residents and fellows the opportunity to develop expertise while working with leaders in research, clinical practice and ongoing care.
Residents and fellows choose us because of:
- Patient volume: Because we're an integrated system of more than 20 hospitals and 400 private practices, fellows and residents see numerous cases addressing a variety of conditions.
- Location: Residents and fellows are immersed in a clinical setting that is in close proximity to social attractions in Manhattan and nearby metropolitan cities
- Multidisciplinary teams: The multidisciplinary clinical staff has a wealth of knowledge, and their skills are diverse in disciplines and subspecialties. This unique setting provides residents and fellows an integrated experience in clinical care.
- Technology: The clinical teams have access to the latest medical devices and technology. Residents and fellows can be assured to receive training in the most modern treatments.
- Strategic partnerships and alliances: We have an exclusive alliance with Cleveland Clinic that makes available additional opportunities for clinical trials, research and training.
- Research: The Feinstein Institute for Medical Research helps conduct
- Rotations: residents and fellows are permitted to rotate into different clinical settings to satisfy multidisciplinary goals.