As a leader in the future of cardiac care, Northwell Health knows the importance of investing in medical education. We partner with the Donald and Barbara Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell to offer multiple residency and fellowship opportunities. They maintain a comprehensive curriculum of cardiac care disciplines and medical subspecialties: including surgery, cardiology, vascular and thoracic.
The accredited programs allow residents and fellows the opportunity to develop expertise while working with leaders in research, clinical practice and ongoing care.
Residents, fellows and professionals choose us because of:
- Patient volume: Because we are an integrated system of more than 21 hospitals and 400 private practices, fellows and residents see numerous cases addressing a variety of conditions.
- Location: Residents and fellows are immersed in a clinical setting that is in close proximity to social attractions in Manhattan and nearby metropolitan cities
- Multidisciplinary teams: The multidisciplinary clinical staff has a wealth of knowledge, and their skills are diverse in disciplines and subspecialties. This unique setting provides residents and fellows an integrated experience in clinical care.
- Technology: The clinical teams have access to the latest medical devices and technology. Residents and fellows can be assured to receive training in the most modern treatments.
- Strategic partnerships and alliances: We have an exclusive alliance with Cleveland Clinic that makes available additional opportunities for clinical trials, research and training.
- Research: Groundbreaking research conducted at the Feinstein Institute for Medical Research
- Rotations: Residents and fellows are permitted to rotate into different clinical settings to satisfy multidisciplinary goals.
To learn more about cardiac surgery residency and fellowship opportunities, please visit our graduate medical education center. The GME portal helps students search the entire health system by discipline for all available jobs. The listings also provide:
- An overview of each position
- Insight into curriculum, schedules and what students learn
- Details on how to apply
- Program directors and additional faculty members
Northwell Health offers physicians currently in practice a variety of opportunities to advance their skills. Through our AMA PRA Category 1 Credit continuing medical education courses held throughout the year in a variety of topics, we offer physicians the chance to brush up on skills, learn new techniques, and discuss the evolving role of healthcare in our society. We also host a number of regularly scheduled series, including a bi-monthly thoracic tumor board meetings and monthly cardiovascular and thoracic surgery grand round lectures.
Learn more about our continuing medical education courses offered throughout the year.