Staten Island, New York 10305
With our advanced, non-invasive vascular laboratory, Staten Island University Hospital can test for a wide variety of venous and arterial disorders quickly and easily.
This ultra-modern facility employs state-of-the-art technology to conduct the latest in aortic, peripheral, cerebrovascular, venous, mesenteric and renal examinations. Staffed by experienced and dedicated physicians and registered vascular technologists, it is one of only two such labs in New York City accredited by the Intersocietal Accreditation Commission. This assures you we are meeting the highest standards of care.
All tests are painlessly performed within 20 minutes and no needles, X-rays or dyes are used. In just one visit you can undergo testing and, if necessary, speak with a physician about the results. Your referring doctor is contacted within 24 hours for any urgent test results, and final test results are mailed to your physician within 48 hours.
We are equipped to perform a full range of non-invasive exams to help diagnose and treat conditions like:
- Peripheral arterial disease (PAD)
- Duplex ultrasound scan of the upper and lower extremity arteries
- Ankle-brachial index (ABI) with pulse volume recordings (PVR)
- Bypass graft surveillance
- Carotid artery and cerebrovascular disease
- Carotid artery duplex scan
- Follow up scans for carotid endarterectomy and stenting
- Venous disease
- Venous reflux scan to evaluate varicose veins
- Venous duplex scan of the arms or legs for deep venous thrombosis (DVT)
- Congenital venous anomalies testing
- Renal and mesenteric artery disease
- Renal artery duplex scan
- Duplex scan of the renal vein
- Mesenteric arterial and venous duplex scan
- Evaluation for chronic mesenteric ischemia
- Aortic aneurysms
- Aortic duplex scan to screen for abdominal aortic aneurysms (AAA)
- Follow up scans after endograft or open repair
- Unique examinations
- Temporal artery duplex scan to evaluate for temporal arteritis
- Dialysis access evaluation
- Vein mapping for peripheral or coronary bypass
- Thoracic outlet obstruction exam
To learn more or schedule an appointment, call (718) 226-6800.