Urology at Staten Island University Hospital
Staten Island, 10314
Urologic disorders include disorders of the urinary, genital and reproductive organs. Our urologists are surgeons who are trained in the medical and surgical correction of disorders of the adrenal gland, kidney, ureter, bladder, urethra, prostate, testes, penis and scrotum, as well as a variety of inflammatory conditions and malformations.
Minimally invasive surgery
We also offer many minimally invasive techniques that result in less trauma. By performing surgical procedures robotically, through a single port, or through small keyhole incisions, we have been able to correct many urological issues with much quicker recovery times than standard operating procedures. Some of our minimally invasive techniques include partial kidney surgery and robotic prostatectomy.
- Kidney disease (kidney stones)
- Prostate disease (enlarged prostate) *now offering GreenLight™ Laser Therapy for appropriate candidates
- Bladder disease (bladder stones, voiding dysfunction, urgency, frequency urinating, incontinence)
Our surgeons are now using the da Vinci Robotic Surgical System for appropriate candidates.
- Kidney cancer (nephrectomy and partial nephrectomy, laparoscopic nephrectomy)
- Prostate cancer (prostatectomy)
- Bladder cancer (cystectomy)
- Lymph node dissection
Male sexual dysfunction
- Oral medication
- Injection therapy
- Penile prosthesis
- Microsurgical varicocelectomy
- Microsurgical sperm extraction
- Vasectomy reversal
- Treatments include oral and injectable medications as well as implants
- Pelvic reconstruction
- Incontinence surgery