Northwell Health Cancer Institute at Phelps
Sleepy Hollow, New York 10591
Conveniently located in Sleepy Hollow, Northwell Health Cancer Institute at Phelps offers innovative and supportive cancer services under one roof. Our cancer center includes hematology and medical oncology, radiation oncology and thoracic surgery physician practices, as well as infusion and radiation therapy treatment areas. Our cancer specialists work closely with local surgeons so you can receive comprehensive and coordinated care close to home. In addition, a wide range of imaging and support services are available through Phelps Hospital.
Exceptional care for your cancer. Total care for you.
If you have cancer, it is important to have careful coordination between your cancer specialists and any other physicians involved in your care. Fragmented care can occur when you have to leave your community to receive specialized care or treatment for a chronic condition like heart disease or diabetes.
That's why our top-notch cancer specialists work closely with local internists, cardiologists, endocrinologists, gastroenterologists and other experienced specialists to coordinate treatment and manage any other conditions you may have. Our team of cancer experts is integrated with other physicians in the Phelps community and shares an electronic medical record to seamlessly coordinate all your health needs, close to home.
We’re in this together – individualized, quality care close to home
Our team is dedicated to bringing you the most advanced cancer care in a compassionate, patient-centered environment. Our cancer specialists take the time to get to know you, your family and what matters most in your life. Then they collaborate with you and your other care providers to develop a personalized plan to best meet all your treatment goals, including your physical and emotional needs.
As a testament to our quality of care, we have been designated as a Community Cancer Program by the Commission on Cancer.
We treat virtually all types of cancer, including (but not limited to):
- Brain tumors, including gliomas
- Breast cancer
- Colon cancer and other gastrointestinal cancers such as anal cancer, esophageal cancer, gallbladder cancer, liver cancer, pancreatic cancer, rectal cancer, small intestine cancer and stomach (gastric) cancer
- Gynecological cancers such as cervical cancer, endometrial/uterine cancer, gestational trophoblastic disease, ovarian cancer, vaginal cancer and vulvar cancer.
- Head and neck cancers such as laryngeal cancer, lip and oral cavity cancers, oropharyngeal cancer, skull base tumors, thyroid cancer
- Hematologic cancers such as acute lymphoblastic leukemia, acute myeloid leukemia, chronic myeloid leukemia, chronic lymphocytic leukemia, Hodgkin’s lymphoma, non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma, multiple myeloma
- Lung cancer including non-small cell lung cancer, adenocarcinoma, squamous cell carcinoma, large cell carcinoma, large cell neuroendocrine tumors
- Melanoma and rare skin cancers
- Prostate cancer and genitourinary cancers such as kidney cancer, testicular cancer, bladder cancer