Core4™ Weight Loss Program
The Core4™ Weight Loss Program provides participants with the knowledge and tools they need to successfully find a solution to weight management. The program is for individuals 18 yrs and older who qualify after a pre-screening with our dietitians.
The “core” four pillars of the program include:
- Energy (learn how to maximize your energy levels for successful results)
- Exercise (addresses the benefits of exercise, components of fitness and the basics of planning an exercise program)
- Eating (find the balance between eating for nutrition and eating for emotional satisfaction)
- Education (nutrition education and behavior modification, with an emphasis on mindful eating and appetite awareness)
Core4™ is a two-phase program:
Phase one is the weight loss component that begins with an individual appointment with a registered dietitian and follows with ten group sessions. Classes meet once per week for one hour. Currently an evening (6pm) and lunchtime (1pm) group is available. January, May and September start dates are available.
Phase two is the weight management component that begins after the participants complete the first 10 week weight loss program. Phase two offers monthly meetings/ support groups on a variety of topics to increase the participant's long term success. Phase two is encouraged for at least three months and is available to participants for the remainder of the year.
Our program also utilizes indirect calorimetry to determine resting metabolic rates. Outcomes data includes the collection of weight, waist circumference, blood pressure, lipid (cholesterol) panel and fasting glucose/ HgbA1c at baseline and periodically throughout the program. Participants are also welcome to sign up for additional years of monthly group meeting after they complete their full program.
Please bring the following materials to your first appointment:
- A completed nutrition health history form. (Include a list of all your medications, vitamins and supplements with doses.) Click here
- A completed patient financial responsibility form. Click here
- A completed food and activity record for three days. Click here
- Blood work results within the past six months. (We would like to assess your total cholesterol, HDL, LDL, Triglycerides, Hgb A1c & blood glucose level)
- A completed self-evaluation Click here
- A physician permission slip Click here