Northwell Health Reichert Family Imaging at Huntington
Greenlawn, New York 11740
Northwell Health Reichert Family Imaging at Huntington, a division of North Shore University Hospital, offers a full range of diagnostic imaging services. The extensive imaging capabilities support a wide range of diagnostic goals, including primary diagnosis, the tracking of treatment progress, presurgical testing and postoperative analysis. These expert imaging services are provided in a convenient, modern outpatient setting.
The facility uses state-of-the-art equipment and the very latest advances in imaging techniques, ensuring consistent, high-quality images for better analysis. Results are reviewed by a radiologist who has been board certified by the American Board of Radiology or the American Board of Nuclear Medicine.
Through the facility's computer system, images can be sent to consulting radiologists with the highest level of interpretive skills to assure each patient gets the most timely, accurate recommendations for follow up care. Images and reports are produced digitally for fast, efficient retrieval. Images are also available to patients on CD.
The office is open Monday through Saturday, with early morning and evening appointments available.
Northwell Health Reichert Family Imaging at Huntington accepts most major insurances and offers free, ample parking.
Radiology services offered at Northwell Health Reichert Family Imaging at Huntington include:
- MRI scan – Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) is a diagnostic imaging procedure that uses a combination of a large magnet, radiofrequencies and a computer to produce detailed images of organs and structures within the body. Northwell Health Reichert Family Imaging at Huntington offers this procedure using a 3T wide bore MRI machine.
- CT scan – Also known as a CAT scan, this diagnostic imaging procedure uses a combination of X-rays and computer technology to produce images of the body. Northwell Health Reichert Family Imaging at Huntington offers this procedure using a 64-slide low dose CT scan machine.
- Digital X-ray – X-rays use electromagnetic energy beams to produce images of internal tissues, bones and organs.
- Bone density – A bone densitometry test is used to diagnose osteoporosis, a condition in which bones become fragile and brittle.
- Image guided biopsies and therapeutic procedures
- Comprehensive breast imaging services, including:
- 3D mammogram – Also known as a digital mammogram or digital breast tomosynthesis, 3D mammography allows the radiologist to examine breast tissue one layer at a time. This improves the ability to detect abnormalities while reducing false alarms due to overlapping tissue.
- Breast biopsy (ultrasound-guided, MRI-guided and stereotactic) – A biopsy is a procedure done to remove tissue or cells from the body for further examination.
- Breast ultrasound – An ultrasound, also commonly referred to as a sonogram, is a diagnostic imaging procedure used to view internal organs as they function and to assess blood flow through vessels.
Northwell Health Imaging has Long Island’s largest group of fellowship-trained, subspecialized radiologists. Patients can be guaranteed that their images will be interpreted quickly and accurately. Northwell Health Imaging is also the first radiology practice in New York state designated by the American College of Radiology as a Diagnostic Center of Excellence, based on its efficient, safe, high quality care.