The team at Northwell Health Rehabilitation Network realizes that healing cannot be truly effective without communication with other members of a patient’s health care team. As part of one of the largest health systems in the country, the team members coordinate closely with physicians from other departments, including orthopaedics, neuroscience, cancer, rheumatology and vascular surgery, to ensure that they fully understand the patient’s previous care and can best tailor a rehabilitation plan for each person’s unique needs.
The network offers support and resources during and after their care.
Support groups & classes
Many support groups and classes are available for patients based on their conditions. Learn more about support groups for brain injury and stroke and classes for multiple sclerosis, cancer and aquatics rehabilitation.
Wellness and prevention resources
Preventing future injury is just as important as treating existing conditions. To that end, the network offers many wellness and prevention tips and resources. This information is included below:
- Home safety: Simple steps to reduce the risk of falling
- Walking aids: Useful tips for using a walking aid
- Simple balance exercises
- Back pain: Top 10 prevention tips
- Personal ergonomics: Information on the basics of work site design
- Boost recovery with physical therapy
- Living with acquired brain injury
- Put your best foot forward on National Running Day
- A better golf swing: Fewer strokes, less pain
- Clinics for performing artists and dancers
Hear about the care provided by the rehabilitation team from our patients: