Northwell Health Mildred and Frank Feinberg Division of the Unified Behavioral Health Center for Military Veterans and their Families
Fax (631) 647-2599132 East Main Street, 1st Floor
New York, New York 11706
We are dedicated to enhancing the physical and emotional well-being of the military communities of Long Island. Founded in 2012, our center is a unique, first-of-its-kind collaborative effort between Northwell Health and the Northport Veterans Administration to evaluate and treat military personnel and their family members.
We recognize that service members’ sacrifices are shared by family members, yet the family is often overlooked when difficulties arise. Our team of professionals works together to provide the best possible treatment of issues common to military families, such as long-term exposure to stressful or traumatic events, fear for the safety of loved ones, post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), anxiety, depression, family conflicts and children’s behavioral problems.
We also address the unique needs for families before, during and after deployments, such as difficulties with reintegration that can affect adults and children. We serve all family members of those who have served or are serving on active duty, in the reserves or with the National Guard, as well as veterans who do not have VA benefits.
Services offered include:
- Confidential assessments
- Treatment for children, adolescents, adults, couples, and families
- Customized treatment plans, Medication therapy and psychotherapy (individual, group, and family)
- Coordinated care with the VA (when approved by the client)
- Health and wellness management
- Education and supportive resources
- Parenting and child workshops
- Training for healthcare professionals
- Outreach, presentations, consultation and crisis counseling for military agencies