Volunteer opportunities at MEETH
New York, New York 10075
- Will serve as a liaison between patients/families and departments to improve communication
- Oversee amenities, waiting room functions, and overall facility appearance
- Round on patient units to help address nonclinical needs, assist with service recovery in a timely manner and support unit staff in its efforts to make patients comfortable
- Greet patients, provide needed directions and escort people to their destination
- Provide communication to families during their loved one’s surgery
Volunteers at MEETH are unique men and women of all ages from varied backgrounds, with different abilities and motivations behind their interest in volunteering. However, they share a common goal: an interest in helping others and a commitment to serving. The dedication, time and efforts of the volunteers are greatly appreciated by MEETH staff, patients and visitors.
Requirements include the following:
- The minimum age to volunteer at MEETH is 15.
- There is a 100 hour commitment: a minimum of a 4 hour shift each week to be completed within one year.
- Volunteers must meet the standards of patient- and family-centered care: professional, courteous, compassionate and respectful.
- Applicants must be interviewed. If accepted on a probationary basis, all applicants must attend a mandatory on site orientation to Northwell Health, and an orientation given by the MEETH Department.
- Volunteers must receive medical clearance before starting an assignment. In addition, volunteers 18 years of age must complete and clear a background screening before they can begin their assignment.
- Junior volunteers ages 15-17 must also submit working papers and a letter of recommendation from a guidance counselor or teacher.
- In addition, a parental consent form must be signed by your parent or guardian. Download working paper form and guidance counselor form. We currently do not have any weekend openings.
- We currently do not have any weekend openings.
*Please note, the volunteer on boarding process may take up to 2-3 weeks.*
You may download the application here. Complete the application and e-mail it to [email protected].