Our address: 900 Franklin Avenue Valley Stream, New York 11580 Get directions on Google Maps
At Long Island Jewish Valley Stream, we welcome all visitors. We are glad when our patients receive visitors and want to make these visits as comfortable as possible for both the visitor and the patient. Here are some guidelines that will make visits helpful to family members or friends:
- Visitors are welcome at any time during the patient’s stay
- Visitors are also welcome to stay with a family member or friend when they are in the hospital’s Emergency Department, or are here for outpatient services or Ambulatory Surgery
- Patients can choose who can and cannot visit them while they are in our healthcare facility without regard to legal relationship, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability.
Limits on visiting must be reasonable and based on the patient’s medical condition, and will be explained to the patient and to you.
Reasons for restricting visitors may include, but are not limited to:
- The patient requests restrictions or limitations
- There are safety concerns, such as risk of infection
- Visiting interferes with the care of other patients, including the need for their rest and/or privacy
- An existing court order that restricts contact
- Visitors are disruptive, threatening or violent
- The patient is in a substance abuse/mental health treatment program that requires limited visiting
Visits from Children
Children are welcome to visit a family member, but those under the age of 16 should be supervised by a responsible adult during their visit. Young children are expected to stay with an adult who is responsible for supervising them to ensure a safe and restful environment for the patient, and any other patient(s) sharing their room. Younger children are not excluded by age, but supervising adults are encouraged to keep their visit brief.
The hospital chaplain offers you spiritual assistance during your hospital stay. A catholic priest is available to patients upon request. Other faith clergy also visit the hospital on a regular basis. A Catholic mass is held weekly. There is a chapel located on the second floor. For more information, please call (516) 256-6050.
The cafe is located on the ground floor of the hospital. Vending machines are also available.
The cafe hours are as follows:
6:30 a.m. - 9:30 a.m. - Breakfast (full service)
11 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. - Lunch (full service)
4:30 p.m. - 6:45 p.m. - Dinner (hot food, salad bar, and grab and go)
Dedicated volunteers operate a well-stocked gift shop located on the lll level. The shop is open 8:30 a.m. - 8:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. On Saturday and Sunday, the shop opens a 9 a.m. and closes at 8:30 p.m.