At Long Island Jewish Forest Hills, we welcome all visitors. We are glad when our patients receive visitors and want to make these visits as comfortable as possible for both the visitor and the patient. Here are some guidelines that will make visits helpful to family members or friends:
- Visitors are welcome at any time during the patient’s stay
- Visitors are also welcome to stay with a family member or friend when they are in the hospital’s Emergency Department, or are here for outpatient services or Ambulatory Surgery
- Patients can choose who can and cannot visit them while they are in our healthcare facility without regard to legal relationship, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability.
- Limits on visiting must be reasonable and based on the patient’s medical condition, and will be explained to the patient and to you
Reasons for restricting visitors may include, but are not limited to:
- The patient requests restrictions or limitations
- There are safety concerns, such as risk of infection
- Visiting interferes with the care of other patients, including the need for their rest and/or privacy
- An existing court order that restricts contact
- Visitors are disruptive, threatening or violent
- The patient is in a substance abuse/mental health treatment program that requires limited visiting
Visits from children
Children are welcome to visit a family member, but those under the age of 16 should be supervised by a responsible adult during their visit. Young children are expected to stay with an adult who is responsible for supervising them to ensure a safe and restful environment for the patient, and any other patient(s) sharing their room. Younger children are not excluded by age, but supervising adults are encouraged to keep their visit brief.
Lost and found
If you lose or find anything while at Long Island Jewish Forest Hills, you may contact our Security Department at 4104.
Pastoral care services offers patients spiritual guidance and support. Chaplains are available on an on-call voluntary basis. To arrange a visit from a chaplain, speak with a nurse or call Ext. 4521. In an emergency dial the operator and ask for the nursing supervisor.
Visitors are welcome to visit the Harvest Café, located in the main lobby. The Café is open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Vending machines with a variety of snacks and drinks are located in the Café and Emergency Department area.