The Lenox Hill Transfer Center provides a simple and efficient way for physicians to transfer their patients with emergent/complex and procedural needs to Lenox Hill Hospital.
The Transfer Center offers:
- Centralized triage and coordination for direct admission and transfer referrals
- Staffing by critical care-experienced RNs
- Clinical reports, hand-offs and EMS transportation coordination
- Air medical transport coordination (if criteria are met)
- Accessibility to the status of patient care for the referring physician
Transfer is a simple, four step process:
- The physician calls 1-844-GO-TO-LHH (468-6544).
- The Transfer Center connects the physician to the attending physician for the requested service.
- The attending physician secures the acceptance.
- The Transfer Center does the rest – and lets the referring physician know when the patient is on the way.
In order to initiate a patient transfer, physicians must have the following information on hand:
- Referring physician’s name and contact information
- Patient’s current location and direct nurse contact information
- Patient’s name, age, date of birth, and gender
- Patient’s clinical status, diagnosis, and supporting clinical information
- Desired specialty care or service required