There are many ways to help Lenox Hill Hospital. When someone chooses to support the hospital, this generosity will help the hospital fulfill its mission to provide quality health care to the entire New York community.
There are more than 150 volunteer placement opportunities in medical and support areas, including patient care units, radiology, and physical therapy. Learn more about the volunteer program at Lenox Hill Hospital.
The Auxiliary of Lenox Hill Hospital is composed of volunteers from a wide variety of backgrounds who believe in and are committed to the work of the hospital. The mission of the Auxiliary is to render service to Lenox Hill Hospital and its patients and to assist the hospital in promoting the health and welfare of the community. To learn more about the Auxiliary and its work, call (212) 434-2410.
The Auxiliary of Lenox Hill Hospital has a long and distinguished history of service. Since its beginnings in 1949, the Auxiliary has raised millions of dollars which have been invested in departments throughout the hospital for the benefit of patients, staff and the community. In addition, Auxiliary members support Lenox Hill Hospital with numerous volunteer hours in virtually all areas of the hospital.
What the Auxiliary does
- Attends monthly meetings featuring presentations from hospital leadership and speakers from virtually all departments of the hospital, with updates on medical advances and accomplishments as well as new and ongoing hospital and community outreach programs.
- Sponsors health education programs
- Supports nursing and social work activities, including funding summer interns
- Decorates the hospital’s walls and patient rooms with colorful framed artwork
- Honors exceptional hospital employees
- Attends a spring outing and luncheon
- Appropriates funds for important hospital projects
The following list of committees is administered by the Auxiliary:
- Art Committee - Provides and hangs framed artwork in patient and public areas
- Employee Recognition Program
- Healthy Give & Take Benefit Luncheon - Highlighting current social topics, includes an expert panel and Q&A
- Nursing and social work activities
- Outing - Organizing several social and cultural outings annually.
- Patient library
- Patient rounding - Trained auxilians participate in specialized patient care
- Pediatrics Read-To-Me
- Summer High School Internship Program
Becoming a member
The Auxiliary welcomes interest from the community. The nominating committee meets with prospective members to learn about their interests, and to provide further information about the Auxiliary.
Active Auxiliary members:
- Attend 70 percent of monthly meetings, normally held the second Tuesday of each month
- Pay dues of $100 annually
- Participate in at least one auxiliary program or committee
- Support Auxiliary fund-raising projects
The Lenox Hill Hospital Outpatient Infusion Center has dedicated room for hospital staff and the general public to donate blood. Learn more about the requirements and how to make an appointment to donate blood.